Tuesday, September 9, 2008

INTRODUCING STEVIE















It looks like it is time for another blog.....


September 2nd started for me at 12:50 am when my water broke. We were checked into the hospital at 2:06 am and there we stayed until Friday September 6th.
Our little man, Stephen Anderson Lunt made his debut on September 2nd at 11:35 pm. After laboring for 23 hours, Dr. Bing decided that I was not going to dilate any further than 9 1/2 cm so and our only option was to give me a c-section. We did everything we could to stick to my birth plan, but Stevie had other ideas. Stevie was weighed 7 lbs 5.5 oz and is a whopping 21 inches long. Andy was in the OR with me and took the very 1st pic of Stevie.
Andy is the most amazing daddy ever. He is so gentle and loving. I think that Stevie is going to be a daddy's boy. He perks up when Andy comes into the room.
I am so thankful that my parents were here with us. I am not sure that I could have done this without my mom and dad by my side. My parents arrived in Jacksonville on August 25th and left on September 8th. I was not ready for them to leave us. But being the eternal daddy's girl that I am, I was able to have my very last week of mom, dad and Dana time. We went for daily walks on the beach, did some shopping, put up shelving in Stevie's room and got some actual lounging on the beach time. I know that from here on out the focus will be Stevie and I will be a distant memory. My prayers were answered when he was born 30 minutes shy of my parents 37th wedding anniversary, being as how we were not able to take them to dinner as planned they got the next best thing, their 3rd grandson and 6th grandchild.
Kamie and Aunt Brittany drove from Tallahassee just to see Stevie on Wednesday. It was a nice surprise. The next day we got the best fruit arrangement from Kamie, Grandpa Roger, Uncle Alex and Aunt Brittany, Aunt Amanda, Aunt Amelia and his cousins. It was a very welcomed gift, considering I had not eaten anything except popsicles since 7:30 pm on the 1st. I think that I ate most of it before we thought that maybe we should have taken a picture of it.


On Monday we had our 1st pediatric appointment with Dr. Cooper. Stevie was on his best behavior. He did not cry once. He has gained back 4 oz of the 9 that he lost since birth. He is a whole 7lbs now. He is in the 20th percentile for weight and head circumference and 80th percentile for height. Considering that I am 5' 1 1/2" tall and Andy is 5' 9" tall, we are still trying to figure out where he got the height from.

Kamie is here this week to help out with Stevie. I am so thankful to her for missing work to stay with me during the day.

Question....is it normal to cry for nothing after having a baby? Everytime I have talked to my sisters or parents in the last 24 hours, I cry. I am happy, excited and tired all at the same time, there is not explination for the crying....


Well, it is getting late and time for another feeding, so I better sign off. I promise to post more pictures and blog more often.


Love,

Dana, Andy and Stevie, too

















8 comments:

Tice said...

Congrats on baby Stevie! He's a cutie! And crying for no reason is completely normal. Happens to the best of us post-partum.

Brittany said...

Thanks for posting! He's adorable. I think everyone I've ever asked about the crying thing has said yes, including me. I can't wait to visit again.

natalie said...

Stevie is beautiful! Great job you two. You and Andy are glowing in that last picture, too sweet! Congrats again!

Amanda said...

He is adorable! I can't wait to come see him. What a sweet baby. I am excited to see more pictures of little Stevie. I think a post a day will be perfect. ;)

Elaine said...

Oh, Andy and Dana - so happy for you! Can't believe our little Andy is now a dad - congratulations to the whole family! Can't wait to see Stevie - a baby is so precious - I can just smell him - the good part, that is! And yes, Dana, you will be crying for a good while - it's just part of all the hormones and all the love you feel. Love to you all

Amanda said...

I NEED to see more pictures of little Stevie!! How are yall doing?

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Oh my gosh, a whole month has gone by and I had no idea! Congratualations! He looks like Andy did as a baby. Yes, I'm old enough to remember! I'm so happy for you guys!

Amanda said...

BTW there are people dying out here to see more pictures since we can't see Sweet Stevie in person! Please post some more ;) Love you!